A short Introduction to Web Scraping in Python
Hi, There 👋
In this blog, I'll be going to talking about:-
- What is Web Scraping in Python?
- How does it work?
- How do you scrape data from a website?
- Libraries used for Web Scraping.
1. What is Web Scraping in Python?
Web Scraping is an automated method to obtain or extract a large amount of data from websites.
2. How does it work?
Automated web scrapers work in a rather simple but also in a complex way.
First, the web scrapers will be given one or more URLs to load before scraping.
Then the scraper will either extract all the data on the page or specified data selected by users.
3. How do you scrape data from a website?
How do you scrape data from a website?
• Find the URL that you want to scrape
• Inspecting the page
• Find the data you want to escape
• Write the code
• Run the code and extract data
• Store the data in the required format.
4. Libraries used for Web Scraping.
• Beautiful Soup
I hope you understand well, that what is web scraping and how it works. Connect me on Twitter as I share lots of information about Machine Learning and Python daily.
Thanks for Reading!